Ok, hear me out here. I am a firm believer that cheesecake should be a food group all on its own. Think about it, in this case, combining classic graham cracker crust and rich creamy filling with a delicious cherry topping makes this a delicious dessert. What more could you want?
Now that you see how passionate I am about this dessert, you can understand why when National Cherry Cheesecake Day came around that I was the one that was called to make the recipe. This is a silky smooth cheesecake topped sky-high with gorgeous plump red cherries. This ultimate cherry cheesecake is completely made from scratch and is very easy to make. This cheesecake recipe is one that I often bring to family functions. it's easy but leaves everyone wanting more. So if you're looking for a fantastic dessert to make this weekend (or even tonight) you've found it!
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 8 slices (1 pie)
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (Whatever’s available in your supermarket is good. The pie will be the star here with the crust just playing a supporting role)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and allow to come to room temperature for a half hour. (You can also microwave it on the defrost setting for a couple minutes, but keep an eye on it if you go this route so you don’t dry the edges)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add sugar to cream cheese and beat it with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Pour into readymade crust. (I will often make a crust for the pie to give it a personal touch, but this is by far the easiest)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. The cheesecake is done when the sides are puffed
- Let cool.
- Top with cherry pie filling and chill.
Pro Tip: The center will not be as puffed- It will be possible to jiggle the center slightly but it will not be runny.
Specs & Instructions
April 23, 2020